I put this part that is not specifically about Quality Center but could be useful.
The concept, I think very powerful, is that you could write code for a lot of needs using an empty text file. The execution is done without compile actions because it is interpretated.
These are the easy way to create a vbs file:
- create a text file with the right button of the mouse
- rename the file extension from .txt to .vbs
Now everything you wrote into the file will run with a double click on it.
Sample Code List
- Inputbox for Password: how to simulate an inputbox to mask the keyboard input characters.
- Timed MsgBox: how to create a Popup that closed automatically without user operation
- Read/Write Registry Key: an easy sample to use regread and regwrite method of WScript.Shell object
- Read/Write XML File: an example to read and write a XML File
- Save Outlook E-Mail - InBox: Script to save received mails and their attachments
- Save Outlook E-Mail - SendBox: Script to save send mails and their attachments
- Delete of Outlook Calendar: Script to cancel the outlook calendar
- Connection to Oracle DB: example to connect to Oracle DB
- Remove HTML Tag from a string: example of how to remove HTML tag from a string using Regular Expression object
- Encrypt and Decrypt: an easy example of code to encrypt and decrypt a message
- HTTP Request and Save the Response to a File: example on how to do a HTTP Request within "Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP" object and how to write the Response to a File using "Msxml2.DOMDocument" object.